Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2nd blog 12-01-10

My father decided he wanted to come to a school function of mine. He was not my custodial parent, and in fact did not live in the same county. He promised my mother that he could get me home from the school function if she dropped me off. My father made the mistake of trusting that I could get him from my school to my home. I was a reasonably bright child, and of course went on that route two times a day, 5 days a week. The total trip from the school to my house was around 10 minutes or 10 miles. Being as I was around 6 years old I will still in the directional form of Piagets’ Spatial reasoning.
After our fun school function my confidence was bursting. I remember feeling so proud that I was going to direct my father to my house like a big girl. One hour later, we still had not made it home. Cell phones were not an option at this time. My poor father stopped off a child’s home that I knew in the middle of nowhere. Upon calling my mom he realized he was around 3 miles from my house. My 6 year old mind had taken him the only way I knew home from school…. the bus route home. I was normally the last kid dropped off. It was a very long trip home! That moment lived on has a family joke for many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment