Friday, December 17, 2010

blog 7

I went to kindergarten with one third of my graduating class from high school. There were less than one hundred people in my graduating class. There were three elementary schools that went to one middle and high school.
Due to the small selection of peers some peer groups were formed very early. Some of the kiddos made friends of one or two peers as early as kindergarten and were friends all the way though the end of their senior year. Peer groups later formed off of these early friendships. Peer groups changed some with the introduction of the three schools merging at seventh grade, but rarely changed. I think with the limited population and children knowing each other from a young age, or able to access information easily about a child all the way back to kindergarten we were less likely to see a person move in their social group to another social group versus a larger school or population. I would actually love to see if there is some research or data to support my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment